Patients, please read the document just released by the America Academy of Ophthalmology regarding coronavirus and your eyes (at the bottom of this page). It includes the following information:
- What is coronavirus?
- How can coronavirus affect your eyes?
- Caring for your eyes during the COVID-19 outbreak
Guarding your eyes — as well as your hands and mouth— can slow the spread of coronavirus. Here are some ways to you can keep your eyes safe and healthy during this coronavirus outbreak (please read the full details in the document below):
- If you wear contact lenses, try switching to glasses for a while.
- Wearing glasses may add a layer of protection.
- Stock up on eye medicine prescriptions if you can.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes
- Wash your hands a lot.
- Follow good contact lens hygiene.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your nose, mouth and eyes.
We encourage all of our patients to read this document for your safety and eye health during this difficult time. (Hover over the bottom of the document in order to scroll through all three pages.)